Stealth Wear was exhibited at TANK Magazine HQ in London in January 2013. Presented by PRIMITIVE LONDON.
Collectively, Stealth Wear is a vision for fashion that addresses the rise of surveillance, the power of those who surveil, and the growing need to exert control over what we are slowly losing, our privacy.
Building off previous work with CV Dazzle, camouflage from face detection, Stealth Wear continues to explore the aesthetics of privacy and the potential for fashion to challenge authoritarian surveillance.
Presented by Primitive at Tank Magazine were a suite of new designs that tackle some of the most pressing and sophisticated forms of surveillance today. The countersurveillance solutions include a series of ‘Anti-Drone’ garments and the Off Pocket™, a privacy accessory that allows you to instantly zero out your phone’s signal.
In Privacy We Trust
- Adam Harvey
- Presented by Primitive London | http://www.primitivelondon.co.uk/
- Hosted by TANK Magazine | http://tankmagazine.com/
- Where can I purchase items from Stealth Wear? The items are available to purchase at the Privacy Gift Shop (most items are now sold out)
- Why did you choose to use Islamic-inspired dress? The rationale behind the hijab and burqa is that it provides a separation between ‘man and God’. Simiarly, the rationale behind the ‘Anti-Drone’ Burqa and Hijab are to provide a separation between 'man and drone'.
- Materials research and testing carried out by Adam Harvey during Oct – Nov 2013
- ‘Anti-Drone’ Hijab, Burqa, Hoodie and T-Shirt modeled by Tate Ashley
- ‘Anti-Drone’ Hoodie also modeled by Sergio and Heidi Lee.
- Burqa and Hoodie designed by Adam Harvey and Johanna Bloomfield
- Makeup by Giana DeYoung
- With support from Primitive
- Thanks to the Interactive Telecommunications Program at NYU, Justin Corcoran, Kathleen Scudder, Tank HQ, Head Hoods, and Nick Bates at Primitive.
- Additional thanks to Aurelia Moser and Ronen V
- All garments and products are designed in New York City and manufactured in America.
For press inquires please contact | Undisclosed Office
- The New York Times | Stealth Wear Aims to Make a Tech Statement
- Washington Post | Government surveillance spurs Americans to fight back
- Wired | Anti-Drone Camouflage: What to Wear in Total Surveillance
- Spiegel | Mode gegen Spionage: Hier kommt der Drohnen-Schutzanzug
- The World | NYC Designers Create ‘Drone-Proof’ Clothing