is an artist and independent researcher based in Berlin. His work investigates the convergence of surveillance, privacy, and data analysis technologies.
Stratosphere of Surveillance - NYU Fall 2015
Stratosphere of Surveillance is a graduate class at the Interactive Telecommunications Program at New York University that explores a multitude of surveillance technologies with a hands-on approach in order to formulate more informed ideas about privacy. Topics covered include: introduction to concepts of privacy and personal data, interrogation and information processing, web browsers and digital surveillance, WiFi MAC address tracking, MiTM web traffic inspection, biometrics and computer vision, expressive interference and artistic responses.
- think privacy. New Museum Store Pop-up Exhibition. March - April. 2016.
- Stealth Wear & Privacy Gift Shop. New Museum Store Pop-up Exhibition. New Museum Store. August - September. 2013.
- Stealth Wear - New Designs for Countersurveillance. Tank HQ. London. 2013.
- Welcome to Ecuador! w/!Mediengruppe Bitnik at Zoo Galerie curated by Aude Launay
- extra fantômes. La Gaîté lyrique. France. 2016.
- Surviving the Glass System. Hong Kong Arts Centre. February. 2016.
- Magic and Power – Of flying carpets and drones. Marta Herford Gallery. Germany. 2016.
- FACELESS. Privacy Gift Shop Pop-Up Exhibition. Museumsquartier. Vienna.
- To See Without Being Seen: Contemporary Art and Drone Warfare. Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum. 2013.
- PANOPTICON. Utah Museum of Contemporary Art. 2015
- Permanent War: The Age of Global Conflict. School of the Museum of Fine Arts. 2015.
- Control. Museum für Kommunikation. Berlin. 2013.
- D.E.F.E.N.C.E.. Voegele Kultur Zentrum. Switzerland. 2012.
- Anti-Drone Camouflage: What to Wear in Total Surveillance . Wired. 2013.
- Anti-Surveillance. POST Matter. 2014.
- Rhizome: Arist Profile. 2012.
- For the Walker Art Center, a Shop That Peddles Evanescence - New York Times
- Hair and Makeup Outsmarts Computers - Yahoo!
- A Novel Tech Incubator That Silicon Valley Wouldn’t Understand - Wired
- Here Are Wearables That Protect Your Privacy - Forbes
- Hide with Fashion - EIYE
- Why Anti-Tech Is in Style — Literally - Yahoo! Tech
- What Artist Are Showing Us About Surveillance And The Law - Life of the Law
- Konst som sätter stopp för övervakningen - SVT
- Disappear in an anti-drone hoodie - Dazed
- Stealth Wear Makes Jump From Art to Product - Fast Company
- Stealth Wear Anti Drone Clothing - Dezeen
- Aesthetics of Privacy - Neural.it
- Here’s a Privacy Accessory for Your Phone: OFF Pocket Blocks Signals - Animal New York
- 'Anti-Drone' Hoodie By Adam Harvey Is Your Ready-To-Wear Counter-Surveillance Solutizon - Huffington Post
- Stealth Wear: Protecting Privacy Through Fashion - The Genteel
- Fashion Statement: Designer Creates Line of Drone-Proof Garments to Protect Privacy - Scientific American
- Adam Harvey Launches Stealth Wear, an Anti-Drone Clothing Line - The Daily Beast
- Stealth Wear by Adam Harvey - Slate
- How to hide from face-detection technology - CNN
- Student thwarts face detection software with 'CV Dazzle' makeup - Engadget
- Gesichtserkennung: Tarnschminke für Facebook - Die Presse
- How to Camouflage Yourself From Facial Recognition Technology - New York Times
- Camouflage gets hi-tech makeover - Reuters
- Anti-paparazzi handbag - Boing Boing
- From Spam to Porn to Art - Wired
- Computer Vision and Surveillance. On The Image. Liverpool.
- Computer Vision, Camouflage, and Surveillance. Berlin.
- Computer Vision, Camouflage, and Surveillance. re-publica. Berlin. (video)
- Privacy & Technology. Digital Catapult Centre. London. 2015.
- Digital Camouflage. NODE+CODE. Frankfurt.
- Surveillance Trend Report. European Commission Annual Security Symposium. Brussels. 2015.
- “Snowed-In”. Fashion Institute of Technology. 2015.
- Future Greats 2014. Art Review magazine. 2014.
- Webby Award Nominee for CV Dazzle. 2012.
- Core77 Design Award. CV Dazzle. Speculative Concepts 1st Prize (student). 2011.
In general you’re welcome to use images from this site for strictly non-commercial use (i.e. education).
I deeply frown upon Google Analytics (and other 3rd party trackers) and request that you do not repost my work on sites that contain Google Analytics, or any 3rd party tracking code that sells user data for commercial purposes. Third party trackers are for 3rd-rate websites.
For print-resolution images please contact me.