Adam Harvey is an artist and researcher based in Berlin exploring societal impacts of networked data analysis technologies with a focus on computer vision and counter-surveillance. He is a graduate of the Interactive Telecommunications Program at New York University (2010) and previously studied engineering and photojournalism at the Pennsylvania State University.
I'm based in Berlin and occasionally speak or consult on topics related to privacy, surveillance, security, biometrics, counter-surveillance and computer vision. Previous events include TEDx Vilnius (2017), German Spy Museum (2017), re:publica Berlin (2016), the European Commission's Annual Security Symposium (Brussels, 2015), HOPE (NYC), Elevate (Graz, 2017), and CCC (Hamburg, 2016).
- Think Privacy - Aksioma. Ljublijana, Slovenia. 6/2017
- Stealth Wear & Privacy Gift Shop - New Museum Store Pop-up Exhibition. New Museum Store.. 8/2013
- Think Privacy - New Museum Store Pop-up Exhibition.'. 3/2016.
- Stealth Wear - New Designs for Countersurveillance. Tank HQ. London.. 1/2013
- Welcome to Ecuador! - w/!Mediengruppe Bitnik at Zoo Galerie curated by Aude Launay. 6/2016
- Utah Museum of Contemporary Art - PANOPTICON. 2015
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts - Permanent War: The Age of Global Conflict. 2015
FACELESS - Privacy Gift Shop and CV Dazzle. 10/1/2013
- New Museum Store - Privacy Gift Shop Pop-Up Store. 10/1/2013
- Drone Research Lab - Air Rights. 9/1/2013
- AND Festival - Stealth Wear: ‘Anti-Drone’ Hoodie. 8/1/2013
- Museum für Kommunikation - Control – ‘Anti-Drone’ Hoodie. 6/1/2013
- Prague Art/Sci/Tech Biennale - Biopolis. 4/1/2013
- Stealth Wear - New Designs for Countersurveillance. 1/1/2013
- Voegele Kultur Zentrum - D.E.F.E.N.C.E.. 5/1/2012
Alongside personal projects, I frequently work as a developer for other artists. Recent projects include developing a custom computer vision toolkit for the artist Trevor Paglen, a facial recognition system for Ai Weiwei, neural networks for Constant Dullaart, and a computer vision fooling scarf for Hyphen Lab's NSAF project.
Projects and product launch notifications
Low volume newsletter (quarterly max) announcing new projects
Built with thanks to the developers and maintainers of:
- Pelican by Alexis Metaireau and contributors
- Spectre by Yan Zhu
- Roboto font by Christian Robertson (hosted locally to avoid tracking requests to Google)
- There are no analytics used on this site. Enjoy.