Adam Harvey is a Berlin-based artist and researcher exploring the impacts of power asymmetries in new technologies, mostly related to surveillance, privacy, and computer vision.
"The NSA declined to comment on Harvey's work, as did the Office of the Director of National Intelligence."Washington Post
For work inquiries, commissions, or image requests please contact my studio at Undisclosed LLC for a faster reply.
For everything else email me
Stratosphere of Surveillance - NYU Fall 2015
Stratosphere of Surveillance is a graduate class at the Interactive Telecommunications Program at New York University that explores a multitude of surveillance technologies with a hands-on approach in order to formulate more informed ideas about privacy. Topics covered include: introduction to concepts of privacy and personal data, interrogation and information processing, web browsers and digital surveillance, WiFi MAC address tracking, MiTM web traffic inspection, biometrics and computer vision, expressive interference and artistic responses.
- Think Privacy. New Museum Store Pop-up Exhibition. March - April. 2016.
- Stealth Wear & Privacy Gift Shop. New Museum Store Pop-up Exhibition. New Museum Store. August - September. 2013.
- Stealth Wear - New Designs for Countersurveillance. Tank HQ. London. 2013.
- extra fantômes. La Gaîté lyrique. France. 2016.
- Surviving the Glass System. Hong Kong Arts Centre. February. 2016.
- Magic and Power – Of flying carpets and drones. Marta Herford Gallery. Germany. 2016.
- FACELESS. Privacy Gift Shop Pop-Up Exhibition. Museumsquartier. Vienna.
- To See Without Being Seen: Contemporary Art and Drone Warfare. Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum. 2013.
- PANOPTICON. Utah Museum of Contemporary Art. 2015
- Permanent War: The Age of Global Conflict. School of the Museum of Fine Arts. 2015.
- Control. Museum für Kommunikation. Berlin. 2013.
- D.E.F.E.N.C.E.. Voegele Kultur Zentrum. Switzerland. 2012.
- Privacy & Technology. Digital Catapult Centre. London. 2015.
- Digital Camouflage. NODE+CODE. Frankfurt.
- Surveillance Trend Report. European Commission Annual Security Symposium. Brussels. 2015.
- “Snowed-In”. Fashion Institute of Technology. 2015.
- Anti-Drone Camouflage: What to Wear in Total Surveillance . Wired. 2013.
- Anti-Surveillance. POST Matter. 2014.
- Rhizome: Arist Profile. 2012.
- Future Greats 2014. Art Review magazine. 2014.
- Webby Award Nominee for CV Dazzle. 2012.
- Core77 Design Award. CV Dazzle. Speculative Concepts 1st Prize (student). 2011.